Attorney Practice Information & Resources
Admission & Bar Membership
Admission to Practice
Attorneys may now apply and pay for bar membership online via ECF and Pay.gov. Effective 10/2/12, paper-based applications are no longer accepted.
- Newly Admitted Attorneys
- Attorney Status
- Request for Certificate of Good Standing
- Pro Hac Vice Appearance (District Court)
- Pro Hac Vice Appearance (Bankruptcy Court)
- Attorney Discipline & Ineligibility
Attorney practice in this Court is governed by Rule 11 of the Civil Local Rules. Rule 11-1(c) requires a bar applicant to certify knowledge of:
- the Federal Rules of Civil and Criminal Procedure and Evidence, the Rules of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and the Local Rules of this Court;
- the Alternative Dispute Resolution Programs of this Court; and
- the Standards of Professional Conduct of this Court set forth in Civil L.R. 11-4.
Civil Local Rule 11 is substantially revised effective 7/2/12. View a summary of the changes.