Civil Local Rule 11-4(a)
Every member of the bar of the United States District Court for the Northern District of California and any attorney permitted to practice pro hac vice must:
- Be familiar and comply with the standards of professional conduct required of members of the State Bar of California.
- Comply with the Local Rules of this Court.
- Maintain respect due to courts of justice and judicial officers.
- Practice with the honesty, care, and decorum required for the fair and efficient administration of justice.
- Discharge his or her obligations to his or her client and the Court.
- Assist those in need of counsel when requested by the Court.
Civil Local Rule 11-4(b)
The practice of law before this Court must be free from prejudice and bias. Treatment free of bias must be accorded all other attorneys, litigants, judicial officers, jurors and support personnel. Any violation of this policy should be brought to the attention of the Clerk or any Judge for action under Civ. L.R. 11-6
General Order 40
The Court's standards of professional conduct are enforced by the court with the assistance of the court's Standing Committee on Professional Conduct (Civil Local Rule 11-6(c)), a committee of attorneys whose members also serve as the court's Advisory Committee on Professional Conduct (General Order 40(2) (.pdf)). The Standing Committee chair may be contacted in care of the Clerk of the Court.