Obtaining Copies of Court Documents
E-filed documents may be viewed and printed from the electronic filing system via PACER (www.pacer.gov). Alternatively, Clerk's Office staff will print e-filed documents from the electronic filing system for a charge of $.10 per page.
Hard Copy Documents
To make copies of the very few documents only available in hard copy, it is important first to determine the court division in which the documents are located by examining the docket sheet online or calling the Clerk's Office. There are several options for obtaining copies.
- Make copies in person at the Clerk's Office using the coin-operated copy machines available in the viewing rooms of each of the three divisional offices. The cost is $.25 per page (copy cards may be purchased at outside vendors).
- In San Francisco and San Jose, copywork orders can be placed through the outside vendors listed below. This option is not available at the Oakland Division.
- Arrangements can be made to bring in a personal copier if you call the Clerk's Office in advance.
- Clerk's Office staff will copy documents on a time-available basis for a charge of $.50 per page.
- Certified copies may be obtained from the Clerk's Office for a fee.
Archived files are located at the Federal Records Center. See How do I access an archived case? for more information.
Outside Copy VendorsSan Francisco
727 Van Ness Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94102
Contract Ends 8/30/2015
|Copy Work||$ .50 per page|
|Searches||$30.00 per Document/Pleading|
|Send Locally via Fax||$ 1.00|
|Send Long Distance via Fax||$ 1.00 per page|
|Rush Order||$75.00 per order|
Professional Legal Services, Inc. fka Pacific Research & Retrieval
28 N. 1 St. , Suite 303
San Jose, CA 95113
(408) 280-7121 fax
|Send Locally via Fax||No charge|
|Send Long Distance via Fax||No charge|
Contract Ends 11/30/2014
Note: Only the actual cost of postage or actual courier charges may be charged to the requestor.