Temporary Communications Outage at Eureka-McKinleyville Courthouse
Due to technical problems with the local telephone provider, it is currently not possible to directly contact Magistrate Judge Vadas and court staff. The Eureka Courthouse is closed until further notice. It is possible to leave voicemail for staff, but if a matter needs immediate attention, please call 415-522-2000 and the Clerk's Office in San Francisco will contact Magistrate Judge Vadas or his staff. This notice will be removed when service is restored.
The Court will be closed Monday, September 7 in observance of Labor Day.
- Deadline September 8: Application for Lawyer Representative To The Ninth Circuit Now Open
- Susan Y. Soong Joins the Northern District as New Clerk of Court
- New Magistrate Judge Sallie Kim Joins San Francisco Division
- Clerk of Court Rich Wieking To Retire
- United States Courts Issue Public Warning Re: Fake Arrest Warrant Scam (www.uscourts.gov)
Cases of Interest
- Apple Inc. v. Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- IP Litigation Concerning Mobile Phones and Tablets
- National Abortion Federation v. Center for Medical Progress, et al.
- Professional association of abortion providers alleges conspiracy, fraud and related civil claims against a charitable trust and its officers.
- In re Anthem, Inc. Data Breach Litigation
- Multi-District Litigation arising from alleged customer data breach at Anthem Inc. before Hon. Lucy H. Koh
- C13-3826 EMC
- O'Connor v. Uber Technologies, Inc. et al.,
- Uber drivers sue to be compensated as employees rather than independent contractors
- C 13-4065 VC
- Cotter v. Lyft, Inc.
- Former Lyft drivers sue to be compensated as employees rather than independent contractors
- 11-2509 LHK
- In re: High Tech Employee Antitrust Litigation
- Antitrust Case Alleging That Large Employers In Silicon Valley Agreed Not To Solicit Each Others' Technical Employees
- CR14-0196 CRB
- USA v. Chow et al.
- Prosecution of Organized Crime and Political Corruption in San Francisco
- No. C00-4599
- Allen v. City of Oakland
- Oakland Police Department Consent Decree