Proposed Revisions to Civil Local Rules and Criminal Local Rules
Comment deadline: December 15, 2017, 5:00 p.m.
The Court has approved proposed revisions to the following local rules to be published for public comment:
- Civil Local Rule 1-5 (Definitions)
- Civil Local Rule 3-2 (Commencement and Assignment of Action)
- Criminal Local Rule I.6-1 (Impanelment of Grand Jury)
- Criminal Local Rule I.6-2 (Grand Jury Administration)
- Criminal Local Rule II.5-1 (Criminal Case Proceedings before Assignment to a District Judge)
- Criminal Local Rule II.32-7 (Confidential Character of Presentence Report)
- Criminal Local Rule II.32.1-1 (Revocation of Probation or Supervised Release)
- Criminal Local Rule IX.41-1 (Assignment of Rule 41 Motion or Proceedings)
The purpose of these rule changes is to effectuate changes to the Court's general duty judge program and to assign on a district-wide basis four new case categories.
In accordance with Fed. R. Civ. Proc. 83 and Civil L.R. 83-3, the Court invites comments from the public on the proposed revisions to these rules.
Comments regarding the proposed changes may be submitted via email no later than 5:00 p.m. (PST) on Friday, December 15, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the draft rules via the embedded documents below (use arrow keys to scroll all pages or select the "full-screen" icon in the lower right of the embedded document) or download them using these links: Draft revisions to Civil Local Rules | Draft revisions to Criminal Local Rules
Please note that comments submitted in response to this Notice may be published on the Court's website or otherwise released to the public.
DRAFT REVISIONS TO CIVIL LOCAL RULES