CJA 20/30 Voucher Completion Checklist
- All sections of the voucher are completely filled out. It is not acceptable to enter "See attached worksheets" in
Blocks 17, 18 or 19 on the CJA 20 or Blocks 15 or 16 on the CJA 30.
- The worksheets entitled “In-Court Hourly Worksheet,” “Out-of-Court Hourly Worksheet,” for
the CJA 20, “Death Penalty Proceedings Worksheet for CJA 30,” and “Other Expenses Worksheet” on the
CJA 20 or 30 are completely filled out and attached to the voucher.
- The subcategories on the worksheets match those on the voucher.
- The original of all documents accompanying the voucher are attached; no additional copies are
- Any related justifications or authorizations are attached.
- The Travel Request Form is attached, together with the original passenger receipt and a copy of the itinerary.
- All travel expenses are accompanied by receipts, originals if possible.
- Travel expense worksheet with attached receipts organized by date.
- Receipts, original if possible, are attached for all expenses over $50.00 and are taped to 8-1/2" x 11" paper.
- All questions are answered in Block 21 (CJA 20) and Block 18 (CJA 30).
- The voucher is signed and dated.