Senior District Judge Charles R. BreyerSan Francisco Courthouse, Courtroom 6 – 17th Floor
450 Golden Gate Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94102
Please click the link below to join webinars (public hearings). If you are a case participant, you will join as an attendee, then you will be brought into the proceeding by court staff.
Webinar ID: 161 147 2837
Joining a Webinar by Phone or Other Connection
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are a case participant (attorney, party, witness, or other person who will actively participate in the hearing), it is strongly recommended that you join Zoom using the Zoom application rather than by a telephone connection. If you must appear by telephone, the numbers posted for each judge are for the public and are listen-only, so you will need to contact the Courtroom Deputy (CRD) at least one business day before the hearing to request a Zoom invitation (which will be sent via email) in order to join the hearing as a case participant.
Local telephone dial-in:
US: +1 (669) 254-5252 or +1 (646) 828-7666
International numbers available: https://cand-uscourts.zoomgov.com/u/advFLxrTkx
H.323/SIP room system (Polycom/Tandberg/Cisco/etc.):
H.323: 220.127.116.11 (US West) or 18.104.22.168 (US East)
Joining Non-Public Meetings (Settlement Conferences, etc.)
The court will use Zoom Meetings (as opposed to Zoom Webinars) for settlement conferences and other non-public hearings. To join a meeting, click on the link below. You will initially enter a “waiting room” and will be admitted into the meeting by court staff.
Meeting ID: 161 023 1457
Join by Phone:
(669) 254 5252 US (San Jose)
Find your local number here: https://cand-uscourts.zoomgov.com/u/acMb0fqtg2
Join by SIP:
Join by H.323:
22.214.171.124 (US West) or 126.96.36.199 (US East)
Please review this important guidance on participating in a Zoom Webinar or Meeting.
|Criminal Law & Motion|
|All other matters:||Wednesdays||1:30 p.m.|
|Civil Law & Motion||Fridays||10:00 a.m.|
|Case Management Conferences||Fridays||8:30 a.m.|
|Calendar Clerk & Courtroom Deputy||Lashanda Scott|
|Civil Case Docketing, Docket Corrections & PDF Follow-ups||See Civil Docketing|
|Criminal Case Docketing|
|Case terminal digits 0, 1, 4-6:||Lori Murray||415-522-2093|
|Case terminal digits 2, 3, 7-9:||Mark Jenkins||415-522-2042|
|Email for Criminal Docket Corrections:||CRIMpdf@cand.uscourts.gov|
|Email for Proposed Orders:||CRBpo@cand.uscourts.gov|
|For all media inquiries:||email@example.com||415-522-4051|
Courtesy/Chambers Copy Requirements
The submission of chambers copies is often required for electronically filed documents. Whereas the local rules state whether and how soon chambers copies must be submitted, judges’ individual standing orders sometimes create additional requirements and may differ from the local rules in other particulars. If they are not in agreement, these orders supersede the local rules.
The pertinent parts of Judge Breyer’s standing orders are set forth below:
Parties must file a single (no duplicates) courtesy chambers copy of all filings. The courtesy copy must be delivered to the Clerk’s Office no later than noon on the court day following the day that the document was electronically filed. (Note: This deadline differs from those in Civil Local Rule 5-1(e)(7)(A).) All chambers copies should be three-hole punched along the left side of the page, and should bear the ECF filing “stamp” (case number, docket number, date, and ECF page number) along the top of the page.
All exhibits shall be clearly delineated with tabs along the right side (e.g., “1”, “2”, “3”). If the filing includes exhibits over three inches thick, the parties shall place the chambers copy in a binder. The Court prefers double-sided printing for voluminous chambers copies of exhibits, if possible.
Delivery AddressUnited States District Court
Office of the Clerk
450 Golden Gate Ave, 16th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94102
About District Judge Charles R. Breyer
Born 1941 in San Francisco, CA
Federal Judicial Service:
- Judge, U. S. District Court, Northern District of California
- Nominated by William J. Clinton on July 24, 1997, to a seat vacated by D. Lowell Jensen. Confirmed by the Senate on November 8, 1997, and received commission on November 12, 1997. Assumed senior status December 31, 2011.
- Harvard College, A.B., 1963
- University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, J.D., 1966
- Law Clerk, Hon. Oliver Carter, U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, 1966-1967
- Counsel, Legal Aid Society of San Francisco [California], 1967
- Assistant District Attorney, City and County of San Francisco, California, 1967-1973, 1979; Chief Assistant, 1979
- Assistant Special Prosecutor, Watergate Special Prosecution Force, 1973-1974
- Private practice, San Francisco, California, 1974-1979, 1980-1997
- Member, Judicial Conference of the United States, 2006-2010
- Member, U.S. Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation, 2011-2018
- Vice Chair, U.S. Sentencing Commission, 2013-2016; Commissioner, 2016-present
- Recipient, 2018 Devitt Award