Senior District Judge Phyllis J. HamiltonOakland Courthouse, Courtroom 3 – 3rd Floor
1301 Clay Street, Oakland, CA 94612
Please click the link below to join webinars (public hearings). If you are a case participant, you will join as an attendee, then you will be brought into the proceeding by court staff.
Webinar ID: 161 535 8168
Join a Webinar by Phone or Other Connection
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are a case participant (attorney, party, witness, or other person who will actively participate in the hearing), it is strongly recommended that you join Zoom using the Zoom application rather than by a telephone connection. If you must appear by telephone, the numbers posted for each judge are for the public and are listen-only, so you will need to contact the Courtroom Deputy (CRD) at least one business day before the hearing to request a Zoom invitation (which will be sent via email) in order to join the hearing as a case participant.
Phone: (669) 254-5252 or (646) 828-7666
International numbers: https://cand-uscourts.zoomgov.com/u/advFLxrTkx
H.323: 188.8.131.52 (US West) or 184.108.40.206 (US East)
Non-Public Hearings [Settlement Conferences]
The court will use Zoom Meetings (as opposed to Zoom Webinars) for settlement conferences and other non-public hearings. To join a meeting, click on the link below. You will initially enter a “waiting room” and will be admitted into the meeting by court staff.
Meeting ID: 160 053 8823
Join a Meeting by Phone or Other Connection
Please review this important guidance on participating in a Zoom Webinar or Meeting.
|Criminal Law & Motion||Thursdays||See Scheduling Notes for times|
|Civil Law & Motion||1st, 2d, and 4th Thursdays of the month||1:30 p.m.|
|Case Management Conferences||One Thursday per month|
(view Scheduling Notes for dates)
|Trials||Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays||8:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.|
|Calendar Clerk & Courtroom Deputy||Kelly J. Collins email@example.com||510-637-1296|
|Civil Case Docketing, Docket Corrections & PDF Follow-ups||See Civil Docketing Assignments|
|Criminal Case Docketing|
|Case/CR MISC terminal digits 1-7:||Jessie Mosley|
|Case/CR MISC terminal digit 8-9:||Cynthia Lenahan|
|Case/CR MISC terminal digit 0:||Jacquelyn Lovrin|
|Email for Criminal Docket Corrections:||CRIMpdf@cand.uscourts.gov|
|For all MDL inquiries:||415-522-2006|
|Email for Proposed Orders:||PJHpo@cand.uscourts.gov|
|For all media inquiries:||firstname.lastname@example.org||415-522-4051|
Procedural Guidance for Class Action Settlements Effective date 12/05/2018
Courtesy/Chambers Copy Requirements
A chambers copy of documents electronically filed should no longer be submitted, unless requested by Judge Hamilton in a particular case.
About District Judge Phyllis J. Hamilton
Born 1952 in Jacksonville, IL
Federal Judicial Service:
- Judge, U. S. District Court, Northern District of California
- Nominated by William J. Clinton on February 9, 2000, to a new seat created by 104 Stat. 5089, 5105. Confirmed by the Senate on May 24, 2000, and received commission on May 25, 2000.
- U.S. Magistrate Judge, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, 1991-2000
- Stanford University, B.A., 1974
- Santa Clara University School of Law, J.D., 1976
- Deputy public defender, Office of the State Public Defender, San Francisco, CA, 1976-1980
- Administrative judge, U.S. Merit Systems Protection Board, San Francisco Regional Office, CA, 1980-1985
- Court commissioner, Municipal Court, Oakland-Piedmont-Emeryville Judicial District, 1985-1991