Criminal Justice Act (CJA)
The Criminal Justice Act (CJA) (United States Code: Title 18, § 3006A) provides federal funds for attorneys, experts, and services necessary for the adequate representation of indigent defendants. In the Northern District, the CJA Unit of the Clerk's Office administers the CJA.
In addition to overseeing payment to counsel and experts, the CJA Unit serves as a resource for panel members in their representation of indigent clients.
Effective December 1, 2013, Northern District of California CJA attorneys and their approved associates must use eVoucher to enter their time and submit their vouchers for all pending cases.
Are you looking for information about…?
- Becoming a Panel Member
- CJA Compensation Rates
- Education, Training, and Resources
- eVoucher Electronic Voucher System
- Fact Witnesses - Subpoenas and Expenses
- Vouchers and Instructions
- Funding Requests (Expert and Other Services)
- Information for New Panel Members
- Authorization to Exceed the Case Compensation Maximum
Capital and Non-Capital Criminal Representation
Unable to find what you're looking for? Please contact us for additional guidance or assistance.